This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port temperature abnormalities

OPC
Zen Master II
As the title suggest I got the notification saying that my USB port temperature is too high, that I should unplug the charger and take phone to Asus service center. The thing is it happened while I was playing Asphalt 9, with no charger plugged in. Instead the Aeroactive Cooler was attached.
I cannot dismiss this notification and I have the red led light blinking all the time. What shall I do? The video is attached

29 REPLIES 29

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Does the warning go away when the cooler is removed? Will it return if you re-attach the cooler? Is it noticeably warm to the touch where the cooler attaches to the side USB port?
I've never heard of this issue appearing when the phone isn't connected to power and charging.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Does the warning remain after restarting the phone?

OPC
Zen Master II
Solved by restarting the phone. Strange it came out in the first place. Maybe some miscommunication with the cooler?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Could be, it shares a data connection. If this error pops up again we may want to log the phone to see what's going on. Like I said, I've only ever heard of this popping up while the phone was being charged. You might have a world's first!