ASUS Global vs Country web pages

_jis__jis_ Level 5
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

Why are countries website not up to date as a global site?

Global web page:

The latest firmware is Version WW-17.1810.1910.73.

For example Germany and Czech Republic web pages:

The latest firmware is Version WW-16.1220.1908.189.

Comments

• I always asked myself this question ...

• cobbencobben Level 2
    edited November 2019

Possibly related question:

Which countries get the WW version and which get the EU version?

An Asus rep said in a Swedish forum that all Z6 sold in Scandinavia are the WW version.

Then what is the point of having a 'EU' version if it is not sold everywhere in the EU?

(Does the 'EU' version actually exist, or is it just a variant of the WW version?)

RU, IN, and JP ar self exlanatory, no?

Perhaps not either . .

• Well, I'm in France, I'm on EU version but the version name shown on About page starts with WW ?‍♂️.

I need to install an app like Device info, to see that I'm on EU indeed.

If I understand, the EU/RU/IN/WW/JP are the codes for the "location" of the device, where you bought it. This is why my phone code is EU_I01D.

Otherwise, we share the same name version whatever the device, which is the WW-17.1810....

• Zenfone 6 updates EU vs WW firmware — ZenTalk

See the latest post in that thread:

All EU purchased ZenFone 6 are WW sku

• See the latest post in that thread:

All EU purchased ZenFone 6 are WW sku

• Interesting ! Thanks

• I am sorry for double posting, but my post disappeared so I post that info from my memory once again. Probably some forum glitch.

• I know it's confusing but the difference between a FW where it says says "IN only" or "EU/IN/WW/JP not RU" is that the FW is still not approved for the regions that are not included. You can still install it successfully even if your region isn't included but services like Google Pay won't work.

I hope this explanation makes it more clear :)

• Why are countries website not up to date as a global site?

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but not long after I asked in this thread why the local site was not up to date, the Czech site was updated. ?️

This discussion has been closed.