problem with asus mobile desktop dock

MohaMoha Level 1
edited September 2020 in ROG Phone 2

hi i've purchased the asus rog mobile desktop dock the first virsion and it didn't work its only work in the phone but nothing shows in the monitor i tried all the methods but nothing work i read the manual and ido what it says .. my phone is asus rog phone 2 and i download the latest update manually .. i think its software problem we need an update for it

Comments

• LP_ASUSLP_ASUS mod
    edited November 2019

The ROG Phone 2 and your desktop dock are fully compatible. Can you watch this video and make sure you have connected everything the same way he did?

Do you have a Tencent edition phone? Can you also give me the exact firmware you are running?

• i watch it and i doit like him .. and yes its tencent edition my  firmware   Version WW-16.0631.1910.35

• i try with 3 different monitors i try it with laptop i try it one display port and hdmi and double display port .. nothing work

• The Tencent version has other issues with compatibility, but it shouldn't have a problem with the dock. I'm not sure what's going on.

• Can you provide me the serial number for both of your devices? I'll send you a PM.

• done i send it to u

• Im still waiting for an answer

• Should i returnd it back ? .. its really annoying problem i was waiting 1 month till its reach me

• edited December 2019

Sorry about the late reply. Took me some time to get a proper reply from the right people.

1. Make sure you're using 30W adapter

2. If you did use 30W adapter, the indicator light on the dock will turn on. 

-->If the indicator light is off, this means the dock might be broken

-->If the indicator light is on, then there are 2 scenarios:

1. If the country code of your phone is also flashed to WW. Then the device is compatible with the dock.

2. If the country code of your phone was not flashed and still stick with CN. The devices will have compatibility issues with the accessory because their firmware doesn't match with the country code.

So in short, it could be either a faulty docking station or that the store that flashed your phone, didn't flash everything to WW.

If this is the case, then you need to talk to your store as we do not support tencent phones that are flashed with WW rom.

• I just updated the phone to the last ww update .. is this enough ?? .. because i dont know how i know that isn't fully flashed to ww rom ?

• Hi I bought a desktop dock from Malaysia. Now I am back to Dhaka Bangladesh. The box was completely sealed. After openning the box i tried to power in but the dock have no response. No Light nothing. Whaf to do?

• MohaMoha Level 1

Try 30w chrger probably it will work

• It will ONLY work with our 30W adapter

• Hi, I have 30w (it came with the phone) Rog phone 2 tencent edition 512gb. Mobile desktop dock is not working. There are no light. Any advise?

• Hi, are people still following this? i bought the mobile dock and have been using it for two days, now when i plug my rog phone in it tells me this phone is not supported yet, and will not play.

now and again i get a message telling me to use the right power supply to avoid issues, but im using the 30w adapter and lead that came with the rog phone and always have.

can someone please advise.

• ayoupayoup Level 1
    edited June 2020

I need help please I purchased the mobile desktop but nothing appeared on the screen What is the solution?😔

• ayoupayoup Level 1
    edited June 2020

Is there anyone here to help...؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

This discussion has been closed.