Asus 6z phone is hanging and screen remains dark

barun.rabarun.ra Level 1
edited October 2020 in ZenFone 6

My phone is hanging and freezing a lot. The screen is dark and does not turn on. However, everything else works in the background. I have tried calling from another number and it rings with black screen.

Trying hard reset also does not work. Phone goes to normal after 3 4 hours. This is so annoying.

Is anyone else facing this issue??

Comments

• Do you have a case or screen protector on your phone?

• This has happened to some people and will be fixed in next fota. Sorry for your inconvenience.

• Facing a issue worse than that the screen is blackened out and not responding at all.

• It happened with me... But i tried hard reset in first 2 attempt nothing happened but in 3rd it worked.. For hard reset you need to press vol plus power button simultaneously.

Mods, can we know the reason why it is happening?

• @ashishengr.kumar Thanx I tried that but its not happening. Will be going to the service center tomorrow.

• hey garvit, what did the service center people tell you. I have the same issue, nothing worked. The service center at my location has refused to service 6z model.

• A quick update on my case, I submitted the device to asus service center, they said that the motherboard had been damaged, i had recently installed an update. I searched and found that this has earlier happened after updates. What should be done next? It's been just 13 months since I have bought the device.

• I am having the same issue, phone is hanging frequently and now a black screen. I can not start the phone again.

12 months since I bought this device, disappointed. Complaint no. A2009060002

This discussion has been closed.