This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera update

mastershu
Rising Star I
i keep hearing about a camera update... is this true? an when will this happen? pics are what it can do with patience in ''new'' nightmode.... its either too fast or not slow enough sometimes right now.... but i managed to get these with it
P_20191113_002539.jpg
P_20191113_003250.jpg

34 REPLIES 34

sathish281295
Star III
No camera improvement in nights and wide angle shots they say surely improvement in android 10

mastershu
Rising Star I

sathish281295

No camera improvement in nights and wide angle shots they say surely improvement in android 10

View post
@sathish281295 nightmode hand held pics go to fast sometimes like maybe half a second an click.... before it was 1 to 2 seconds...an putting it on a tripod BEFORE A10 update it would take about 20-30 seconds or more an look amazing... AFTER A10 update its 10-15 seconds an looks nothing like it did before... i usually only take 2 pics of whatever im lookin at now i gotta take 5 minimum an 2 MIGHT come out ok on tripod... IF it even recognizes tripod mode... which alot of times NOW it doesnt... i have exit out of camera an start it again for it to finally see it...... sometimes

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mastershu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/27744#Comment_27744

@sathish281295 nightmode hand held pics go to fast sometimes like maybe half a second an click.... before it was 1 to 2 seconds...an putting it on a tripod BEFORE A10 update it would take about 20-30 seconds or more an look amazing... AFTER A10 update its 10-15 seconds an looks nothing like it did before... i usually only take 2 pics of whatever im lookin at now i gotta take 5 minimum an 2 MIGHT come out ok on tripod... IF it even recognizes tripod mode... which alot of times NOW it doesnt... i have exit out of camera an start it again for it to finally see it...... sometimes

View post
The only thing that changed between Pie and Q when it comes to night mode is the animation. It used to be only a loading circle that needed to be filled but in Q it's a loading circle followed by a processing message. The total time to take a tripod picture is the same and they look the same. So actually, we improved because before, you thought you had to wait before you could move the camera and now in Android Q you know when it's ok to move it. Actually it has nothing to do with Q. We could have had the same camera software in Pie

mastershu
Rising Star I
@Anders_ASUS before A10 update on a tripod it was around 30 seconds... i loved that it meant to me cam was takin its time an doin things right..... now... even in whether its a darker area or a fairly lit nightscene.... 15-10 seconds .... an it looks horrid... it literally looks like my old an sold zte axon pro now.... nightmode pics have a rainbow esqe hint all over them pro modes even at 6 seconds usually have some kind or weird tint an absolutely no detail for either one at the moment.... so what increase the speed it takes to make the pic.... thus resulting in worse pics..... ive missed out this month on $1200 alone because of how the camera is now... are you gonna tell 4 different news companies an 2 different photography companies its fine...cuz they fine comb everything i take an they dont want bad pics!!! i currently just tried video at night... a 4k 60 fps vid now looks 1080p 30 fps an with a crapton of light flicker.... NO LIGHT FLICKER ON PIE!!! NONE AT ALL!! noise levels are ridiculous like lookin at a tv station with no signal an just the snow an sound.... these pics are not acceptable in any way!!! this is not the same as before this is worse hdr ++ should be able to pick up designs on sheets like white on rice..... it cant... what it did do was brighten the pic far to much an give everything a nice oil painted no detail no nothing look!!!! the pic has smudged everything that had a design on it... but hdr off sees it just fine??? ( well.... almost)

1LHU64FFDVSG.jpg
hdr off can see detail not like on pie but you can see some detail as far as the squares on sheet.... not all there though

LIXYVAX6O3D6.jpg

hdr auto.... detail is lessened alot... squares missing even more

JLSK17P2P106.jpg

hdr++ this thing is broken wheres my squares an why is everything oil painted i.e camera is bad no question no doubts
JOV8UNX7UYLS.jpg
this is nightmode on a tripod ... took maybe 12 seconds where IN PIE IT WOULD BE 20-30 SECONDS ON TRIPOD depending on light... an theres nothing to be proud of here..... nothing at all everything you want to see is smudge bad colors no detail no nothing .... this is horrible
8NC09H7HF3IW.jpg
this is pro mode.... its not much better but at least here the tower the lightpole an SOME of the trees have a LITTLE BIT of dignity back! grass on left has a tad bit more detail an patch on bottom right as well... a tad more detail
both of these pics are not ok or good in any way shape or form i cant do anything with these at all
5R6DQXVSYW7B.jpg
To prove that the camera is really fine you need to prove that two photos taken in same scenario look identical, which no one was able to do yet...at all...whatsoever!!! the last pic... in nightmode... i can CLEARLY see everything all lit up an looking good any other time.... but for the sake of argument nothing close to the camera looks remotely how it should an did last month...... this is without flash as well thats what this camera is doing now... an that pink hue on the left side on the street aint helping either... had that issue before an its popped up again... just in a lighter form this isnt a 1 off thing... not just my phone this is happening to everyone an even the fanboys of asus are coming out an even saying it

i dont care about google pixels that break in 4 places an cant go past 4k 30 an use twitter an snapchat over saturated bs on their product i want my camera that i had in pie....
this is same level as my 5 year old zte axon pro... this isnt good at all this is a few steps back..... i get it... whatever its android 10 oooohh everyone wanted android 10...well.. no not everyone but pushing it out an neglecting things an saying nothings wrong.... come on man... it screwed up the camera an there is to many people complaining AND SHOWING this to be true... i dont want to hear ... it doesnt do it to me... thats you ....1 guy... an right now you have a whole section of people on a post saying exactly what i am so 1 persons phone behaving for now isnt gonna be enough to ignore the situation

as far as video.... its disgusting.... flicker is everywhere now.. noise levels are insanely high an yes... this is a well lit area i have about 5 streetlamps within feet of me this camera even on pie an before it has always been dark... much darker than 5z i can walk to a tree an it will have dark non detailed anything all over it... like a window tint or something an now.... now its worse
New video46.mp4

doesnt matter how much shorter of time it takes the pic.. its the result that counts an looking in view finder an taking the pic are 2 different results on A10 ...even my timelapse videos at night are worse
an please by all means correct me if im wrong.. but THE ENTIRE SELLING POINT OF THIS PHONE WAS ITS ULTRA POWERFUL DxO RECORD BREAKING CAMERA an now.... its nothing... i cant use it.. cant make money with 80% noise an no details with low colors levels... this timelapse is a huuge downgrade from previous nightime ones ive done !!! its horrendous

to prove that the camera is really fine you need to prove that two photos taken in same scenario look identical, which no one was able to do yet...at all...whatsoever!!!