This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tint issue and minimum brigtness fix suggestions.

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
We all know that the high refesh screen has some tint issue under 40% brightness even google pixel experience this. So i recently found out a filter app that will put a layer on top of all app and will reduce brightness output. (More like a solfware brightness reduction instead of 100% hardware panel brightness reduction). The end result is we can get a dimmer screen than 0% brightness and almost no red tint by having screen at 50% brigtness plus filter. Suggestions is can we implement this on the system side? So the brightness slider work just normally untill 40% then from 40 to 0 it's gonna be solfware filter??? So the screen minimum brightness is always above 40% and the solfware filter just increase .

3 REPLIES 3

Daulat
Rising Star II
Don't you think this will only increase battery consumption and honestly this is like solution for a short period of time. If there is any software tweak then battery and other things should be considered

duy_h_vu
Rising Star I
17daulat

Don't you think this will only increase battery consumption and honestly this is like solution for a short period of time. If there is any software tweak then battery and other things should be considered

View post
I don't think battery is an issue since the total lux output is lower than the default slider now ( ~5 lux original vs ~2 lu with the filter app). I use my old s8 front sensor. Wonder if anyone with professional equipment can test it out.