This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot allowed devices

OPC
Zen Master II
Testing the WiFi hotspot with my MacBook Pro the connection was instant. Everything worked flawlessly.
Selecting the option "Allowed devices only" it was not possible to add new device. Tapping on the option "Add devices to this list" nothing happens. That is the case with both my MacBook connected and disconnected as well. If connected selecting the "Allowed devices only" option the MacBook disconnects immediately.
The option to add devices is in white colour and thus available. But it doesn't react on tapping.
Bluetooth tethering also works flawlessly.
10 REPLIES 10

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Thanks for this bug report.
What option did you use to originally tether the MacBook?

OPC
Zen Master II
WiFi hotspot works flawlessly. In MacBook network settings I choose Rog phone 2 as a WiFi network, put in the password required and connection is immediate. Surfing on Mac with Safari is flawless wether the phone is on WiFi or 4G. The same if the MacBook has been directly connected to a home WiFi network. No loss in speed. As a network option on Rog I have chosen 5GHz.
The same goes for Bluetooth tethering. Pairing is immediate. Connection is also immediate, browsing the web is little slower than over WiFi hotspot, which is normal.
The only thing on the phone, in the submenu of the "Allowed devices only" option, when I want to add my MacBook as a trusted device, nothing happens when tapping on the "Add device to this list" option.
Off topic but you might find the feedback useful, today I have used my phone for the first time on a business trip. Phone was taken off the charger at 6am. It has spend 7 hours attached over Bluetooth to my car. Had at least 3 hours of conversation. Downloaded emails, replied to emails. Browsed documents and photo gallery. At the evening using Google maps to find the hotel. All that in roaming over 3 countries. At 10pm the battery was 71%. Just amazing as a business phone. In my case no drainage issues at all. This is the first time I am experiencing this kind of freedom from the charger in a smartphone.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
OPC

WiFi hotspot works flawlessly. In MacBook network settings I choose Rog phone 2 as a WiFi network, put in the password required and connection is immediate. Surfing on Mac with Safari is flawless wether the phone is on WiFi or 4G. The same if the MacBook has been directly connected to a home WiFi network. No loss in speed. As a network option on Rog I have chosen 5GHz.

The same goes for Bluetooth tethering. Pairing is immediate. Connection is also immediate, browsing the web is little slower than over WiFi hotspot, which is normal.

The only thing on the phone, in the submenu of the "Allowed devices only" option, when I want to add my MacBook as a trusted device, nothing happens when tapping on the "Add device to this list" option.

Off topic but you might find the feedback useful, today I have used my phone for the first time on a business trip. Phone was taken off the charger at 6am. It has spend 7 hours attached over Bluetooth to my car. Had at least 3 hours of conversation. Downloaded emails, replied to emails. Browsed documents and photo gallery. At the evening using Google maps to find the hotel. All that in roaming over 3 countries. At 10pm the battery was 71%. Just amazing as a business phone. In my case no drainage issues at all. This is the first time I am experiencing this kind of freedom from the charger in a smartphone.

View post
Ok thank you for the detailed breakdown, I'll pass this to the software team. Good to know that it's functioning well, even if the UI is a little janky.

That's awesome to hear on the battery life! I had the same experience when I started test driving the ZenFone 6. I went from a 1700mAh battery to the 5000 mAh on the ZenFone. I haven't had a chance to test drive the ROG Phone II but I can imagine the 6000mAh can make the phone an every other day charging device. I hope we see more phones on the market prioritizing larger batteries in the future, as a consumer I have been looking for this trend for years.

OPC
Zen Master II
Rog 2 is the perfect phone in every way. Flat screen, front facing speakers with amazing sound, headphone jack with DAC (I have wired audiophile headphones which I don't want to give up and I get amazing sound considering it's a phone), small bezels and no notches (I have been playing around with Note 10 and as much as the screen is beautiful, there is no way to hold it that my fingers don't cover a portion of the screen. Also I tried playing games on and that punch hole just ruins the experience), amazing battery, 120 Hz refresh rate, great camera in manual mode which give me great results (the hardware is there and the software can always be polished up). So please keep up the good work and don't fall under trends of bezel less and jack-less fashion. Please zoom in and check the sharpness of this photo in 48mp mode.
TFGF9C62KBC7.jpg