[Zenfone] Why can’t I receive or send SMS by using ASUS Messaging?
If you can't receive or send SMS messages, it may be caused by the changes you've applied in your device's settings. Please try the steps below to solve the problem:
If your device can't receive SMS message:
1. Turn on Airplane mode and wait for 5 seconds, then turn off Airplane mode.
2. Make sure that you have a stable mobile network connection. You can check the signal strength level of your mobile network on the top notification bar.
3. Reboot your device and then clear out the background apps.
4. After rebooting the device, launch Messaging then tap > [Blocked messages], make sure that there is no number in [Blocked contacts].
1. Using the dial pad to find and enter your SMSC number. Launch [Phone], enter *#*#4636#*#*, then tap [Device information]. Look for the [SMSC] field, enter your SMSC number and then tap [Update]. You can contact your mobile service provider to request the SMSC (Short Message Service Center) number of your phone.
2. Restart your device and then check again.
If the steps above can’t resolve the issue, please contact ASUS Product Support for further assistance.
This information may not apply to all products from the same category/series. Some of the screen displays and operations may differ depending on the software versions.