This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T 4g

txquartz
Star II
Hi, I'm using this phone on AT&T who I know is horrible for non carrier phone support, and I only get 3g. Have anyone managed to get 4g going somehow? At&T has basically said "get a different phone"..
12 REPLIES 12

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
I'm using AT&T in California on ZF6 and have had spotless 4G coverage. It also worked in Phoenix last week and dropped to H+ at the Grand Canyon.
7983PRIKC2J2.jpg

Were you able to get stable 4G in your location with your previous phone?

txquartz
Star II
LP_ASUS

I'm using AT&T in California on ZF6 and have had spotless 4G coverage. It also worked in Phoenix last week and dropped to H+ at the Grand Canyon.

7983PRIKC2J2.jpg

Were you able to get stable 4G in your location with your previous phone?

View post
Yes, I did, Chicago suburbs so 4g is everywhere, previous phone a Samsung S6 which worked fine (until it didn't) but once I swapped it it went to 3G. H+ to be precise. I tried going in and recording the new IMEI and it did nothing. The unlocked 4g APN quoted by AT&T gives no service at all of any generation- Is it possible to show me your setup so I could try? The store is helpful but the backend people at AT&T literally tell me "Your phone is provisioned for the network, but that doesn't guarantee any specific level of service. You need to switch to a carrier certified phone next time"

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Sure thing. I'm not a network guru by admission, so let me know what settings you'd like to compare and I'd be happy to share.
I had to change some settings with my previous iPhone to get it to work in Japan and was quickly lost in all the jargon. Luckily Softbank helped me out.

txquartz
Star II
LP_ASUS

Sure thing. I'm not a network guru by admission, so let me know what settings you'd like to compare and I'd be happy to share.

I had to change some settings with my previous iPhone to get it to work in Japan and was quickly lost in all the jargon. Luckily Softbank helped me out.

View post
A set of screenshots of your current APN settings would be the best thing for me I think, thanks for your help