This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

ntoney81
Star II
I just purchased mine from eBay. How do I know if this was done?

jairo
Star III
ntoney81

View post
Hi, can you pass me the link where you bought it? I am interested in buying this device

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II

ntoney81

View post
1) Does it say "Tencent" on the back glass of the phone or on the box.
2) Did the seller claim it came with "international ROM"

ruthra4935
Star I
Hi.
I noticed that the position of the texts(imei number) on the sticker at the back of my ROG 2 is different from what i see on other ROG 2 phones.
Are there special format (indication) of the sticker at the back of the phone if it is 8gb/12gb ram or 128/256/512gb or 1tb storage?