cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 & Android OS updates.

ZT-9cbf5ffc
Star I
Hello @CH_ASUS ,
I m currently confused on whether to get zenfone 6 or Rog 2. and one important factor to me is android os update.
So, Can you please ask the devs of The Rog phone 2 whether they will follow the same android os update strategy as the rog phone 1 or the zenfone 6.
Thank you.
24 REPLIES 24

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

While I am not sure what you specifically mean with "update strategy" - but for 2019 we do really try to step up our efforts on software.

You can see the result in , for example, the new ZenUI6 - and that this option is also availabvle on the international versions of ROG2.
More frequent updates for 2019 models
And, hopefully (our goal), faster major-OS rollouts.

That being said ; ZenFone 6 launched earlier - and will get Android 10 earlier than ROG2. How far behind ROG2 will be - I cant really say at this point. Hopefully not long.

Although, if it was me making the choice between these two phones, I would look more into the spec/size differences between the two as they cater also to different needs.

Nivesh
Rising Star II
Zenfone 5z first or asus rog 2? Who will get first the Android Q update pls reply CH ASUS

Nivesh
Rising Star II
Pls reply CH ASUS

ZT-9cbf5ffc
Star I
CH_ASUS

Hi

While I am not sure what you specifically mean with "update strategy" - but for 2019 we do really try to step up our efforts on software.

You can see the result in , for example, the new ZenUI6 - and that this option is also availabvle on the international versions of ROG2.

More frequent updates for 2019 models

And, hopefully (our goal), faster major-OS rollouts.

That being said ; ZenFone 6 launched earlier - and will get Android 10 earlier than ROG2. How far behind ROG2 will be - I cant really say at this point. Hopefully not long.

Although, if it was me making the choice between these two phones, I would look more into the spec/size differences between the two as they cater also to different needs.

View post
Thank you for the reply.
I actually prefer the rog 2 over zenfone 6. But going through the forum i ve seen many rog 1 users complaining about being stuck on android oreo which made me worried as I care about android os updates. So i wanted to know if this will be the same for rog 2.
Regards.