[Clarified] LED notification is not working!

steven1asteven1a Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

I had the normal zenphone 6 short time ago and gave it back because the LED notification with my messenger was working only after a factory reset with a fresh installed telegram messenger app.It stops working immediatly completly when I install whatsapp or any other app like gmx email.

I am NOT talking about choosing the color of the LED notification. I am talking that the LED notification is not working at all.

Now I have the zenphone 6 edition 30

I find the same bug!!! I searched around and found this problem is not new for asus phones , it exist since years!

It is so annoying!!!!

Why is ASUS not capable to delivery such a simple function?

I am thinking about returning my phone again and stay with samsung note again.

Comments

• Did you try messing around with notification settings? There are LED related settings.

• I add :

See your DNB parameters because here, also, there are LED related settings. This LED notif' works only when your phone screen is turned OFF !

Is the global LED toggle enabled ? Parameters > Notifications > (at the bottom)

Is it visible when you charge your phone ?

The basics apps that works fully with LED notif' are Call & Messages. Try to get yourself a call/message !

• steven1asteven1a Level 1
    edited September 2019

Thank you reminding me of the basics.

But believe me I tried already everything. And of course LED notification ist ON and of course I need LED notification when screen is OFF.

And -as I wrote before- it is a factory reseted brand new phone . Telegram LED notification is working first moment. I activate my email app or whatsapp and nothing is working anymore.

LED is only noticeable when my zenphone 6 is charging. SUPER !

DNB parameters - what is that?

call and message? hundreds hits with that search in playstore - please try to find THAT app with That information ;-)

• To be simple, I meant disable your DND because there is a setting inside that can disable the LED.

By Call I mean "Phone", sorry but I'm French. So test with ZenUI Phone's app and the Google Message app.

Btw, try in safe mode also !

• I got it !

Amazing reason and easy solution.

The Zenphone is not working properly with the standard setting of telegram showing a BLUE LED light as LED notification and other apps together.

Solution:

In the Telegram app settings "Notifications and Sounds" and then "Private Chats" you can choose "LED Color".

It is working with white, green, yellow and red color - cyan is showing green color , purple is showing red color

but with the blue LED setting the zenphone 6 shows NOTHING!

Why this blue LED was working with a fresh initialized or factory reset zenphone - who am I to know that? Fact is the LED function is not working as it should. With my Samsung note9 or any other phone I NEVER experienced a problem with LED notifications.

=> ASUS should eliminate this annoying BUG !

• Well, the fault is with Telegram so ?

So I conclude that with my famous "basic apps", it works ?

• As far as I know, Zenfone 6 doesn't have blue LED so I don't know how did you manage to see it.

• CH_ASUSCH_ASUS admin
    edited September 2019

Nice spotting. We'll debug a bit ourselves as well and pass it to the devs as a topic for improvement.

• I was talking about the LED notification settings "blue" in telegram

?

With a fresh initialized asus zenphone 6 telegram LED notification shows a GREEN blinking LED - but later it shows no notification anymore. You have to adjust that color manually to another color to get the LED notification back.

Was that now excact enough ? ?

Maybe one of the 200 million telegram user owns a zenphone 6 and need that info till asus is finally eliminating that BUG....

This discussion has been closed.